Monday, September 10, 2012

I Am a Lister: 30 Days of Lists Challenge

I was looking forward to several things about the start of September -- the start of school, the start of my favorite season, and the start of the 30 Days of Lists challenge. I love to make lists. I make lists at work and at home, on paper and on my phone, for big things and little. I had seen the list challenge floating around on the web for a while, and when I saw a new challenge was starting in September, I decided to join the listing fun.

It's been 10 days, and I have been enjoying this little project. Here's a look at some of my first few lists:

List #1
List #1: 30 Days of Lists
(The list: it keeps me organized; I like checking off items done; I would forget too many things; they calm me down when I'm stressed with too many to do's)

List #2
List #2: 30 Days of Lists

(The list: continue cleaning/organizing the house; get yard cleared; keep up with this list book; get together with friends; go apple picking)

List #3
List #3: 30 Days of Lists

(The list: kind, generous, nice, a worrier, loves her kids, talkative, creative, funny, a bookworm, a nerd, bossy, controlling, a perfectionist, friendly but shy)

List #4
List #4: 30 Days of Lists

(The list: go for a drive by myself with the windows down and/or the radio turned loud; take a nap; escape into a book; call my mom; play Tetris, browse Facebook or otherwise procrastinate; fold laundry upstairs; get a drink at Starbucks)

List #7
List #7: 30 Days of Lists

(The list: a spoonful of ice cream, a cookie, Wheat Thins, cheese, a glass of milk)

This is turning out to be a fun way to capture a little bit about me right now. It's something I look forward to working on, and it doesn't take long to complete. I created the 4x6 pages in advance, and then decorate as much or as a little as I'm in the mood for that day. I usually read the prompt in the morning and think about it during the day, then make my list in the evening when the boys go to bed.

It's not too late to join -- click below to learn more:

30daysoflists.com


No comments:

Post a Comment